Four weeks ago, Br. Yemanu had been admitted to the Italian Community Geriatric Centre after he suffered a minor stroke but, it was only during the last week that his situation worsened. He was pronounced dead on 26th of March 2012 at 4:00 am.
At this moment his community of Brothers, Family and Friends are setting up the details for his funeral.
We all are thankful to God for the gift of Br. Yemanu’s life that enlightened the lives of many people, especially in Africa and Italy, with his loving and supportive presence.
May he rest in peace!
Yemanu (Agostinos) Jehar
Belonged to: District of Lwanga
Birthday: July 7, 1944
Birthplace: Keren, Eritrea
Novitiate: Torre del Greco, Italy
Began novitiate: October 2, 1961
First vows: October 3,
Perpetual vows: July 6, 1969
Died: March 26, 2012
- Scolasticato – Colle La Salle, Roma ( ITA) – 04/10/1962 – Distretto di Roma
- StJoseph’sCommunity, Keren (ERI) 01/10/1964 – Distretto di Roma
- StJoseph’sCommunity, Keren (ERI) 10/10/1971 – Distretto di Roma
- Colegio LaSalle, Asmara (ERI) 25/09/1975 – Distretto di Roma
- Centro Internazionale Lasalliano, Roma (ITA) – 07/01/1979 – Distretto di Roma
- Sangre de Cristo Center, SantaFe (USA) – 0/05/1979 – Distretto di Roma
- SectorHouse, Asmara (ERI) – 15/06/1981 – Etiopía/Eritrea District
- Gebre Mikael Center, Addis Abeba (ETH) 31/12/1987 – Etiopía/Eritrea District
- St. Joseph’s School, Nazareth (ETH) 01/08/1992 – Etiopía/Eritrea District
- Centro Internazionale Lasalliano, Roma (ITA) – 13/10/1996 – Etiopía/Eritrea District
- DeLaSalle House, Northcliff (RSA) – 05/09/1997 – Lwanga District
- DLS Holy Cross College, Johannesburg (RSA) – 01/10/1997 – Lwanga District
- De La Salle Novitiate, Nairobi (KEN) – 31/12/1998 – Lwanga District
- Capítulo General, Roma (ITA) – 01/05/2000 – Lwanga District
- Consejo General, Roma (ITA) – 15/06/2000 – Lwanga District
- Agri-Tech School, Hagaz (ITA) – 31/12/2007 – Lwanga District