Over the three days CIAMEL:
- Reviewed the draft outline for the Declaration on Lasallian Pedagogy from the writing committee and affirmed their work,
- Reviewed the outcomes and proposals from the Global Women’s Symposium and made recommendations to the Superior General and the General Council,
- Continued planning for the 2020 International Assembly for the Lasallian Educational Mission (AIMEL) with recommendations to the Superior General and the General Council regarding the number of delegates,
- Reviewed the update on the Guide for Formation,
- Reviewed the third draft of the Criteria of a Lasallian Ministry,
- Began planning the organization of a series of MEL booklets on catechesis and pastoral ministry,
- Received information on the Global Lasallian Edcuational Congress, and
- Discussed the report on the work of CIAMEL to be presented at the Intercapitular Chapter.
The three days were very productive and a lot of work was accomplished. Each CIAMEL member has action items to take back to their respective Regions and constituent groups. Time together ended with a dinner with the SIEL participants. The next meeting of CIAMEL will be June 4 – 6, 2018 in Rome.
Alisa Macksey, M.A.
Executive Director First Generation Initiative
SAINT MARY’S UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
700 Terrace Heights 55
Winona, MN 55987-1399 USA