The De La Salle Philippines (DLSP), a network of 16 educational communities, responded to the COVID-19 situation by launching the kada-uno initiative. kada-uno means “each one” (in Filipino bawa’t isa). The initiative integrates the efforts of Lasallians and partner institutions in the country and abroad as we continue to aid the most vulnerable to the disease.
It covers the following programs:
- a) Six (6) Safe Shelters for Health Care Workers
- b) Seven (7) Safe Shelters for the Homeless – The De La Salle Brothers of the Philippines in partnership with the Archdiocese of Manila, Society of Jesus (Jesuits of the Philippines) and the Society of the Divine Word (SVD)
- c) One (1) Safe Shelter for Quarantined Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- d) Production of Face shields
- e) Supplying medical tools/equipment to different hospitals nationwide
- f) Fundraising for the above mentioned programs
But more than just a response, kada-uno is a call to individuals and a call to YOU! Through kada-uno, we encourage the Lasallian Family and our fellow citizens in the Philippines & around the world, to play a role no matter how big or small, in helping contain and eventually, end the threat of COVID-19. No one will be left behind and every deed will be counted.
Keane Michael I. Palatino
International Coordinator of the Young Lasallians